Sunday 23 March 2014

Reptile Fun Starring Zoo Babies


We had a huge birthday party here last week.  My youngest turned 6 & wanted a celebration of all things reptile to entertain his whole class of preps.   We invited the wonderful Tracy from Roaming Reptiles to entertain 22 kids & indeed she did!  I needed to make invites, party bags, cupcake toppers & of course a cake all with the reptile theme.  I have had Zoo Babies sitting unused on my shelf for ages & thought that crocodile (or Alligator) looked like he would do the job nicely.  And he did!

Here are the cupcake toppers - I used Gumball Green & Pacific Point.


I made the banner from the Celebration Basics Kit in the Occasions Catalogue & added my own Deco label background.  My big 6 year old wanted a snake birthday card so I whipped one up at the last minute based on one I saw on Pinterest.  I used the FREE Sale-A-Bration embossing folder Decorative Dots for his scaly skin.   After meeting quite a few snakes in person this week I can see I got his eyes all wrong!

Banner, Cupcakes, Snake Card & Party Bags! 
 The reptiles were pretty awesome.  The kids all got to touch lizards, snakes, frogs, turtles, snakes & a crocodile.  They were so well behaved & sat still with absolute amazement.  Tracy was so good with the kids & managed them like an expert.
Birthday Boy with Tracy & the python
 Yes, even I had a hold of the snake.  In fact, all the kids held her. She was so silky soft, nothing like I had expected.
A Crocodile friend 

A crocodile cupcake birthday cake! 
My mum made the cake & helped with feeding all the party people on the day.  Thanks Mum!  Ughh lots of preparation for such a short time, but the birthday boy enjoyed every second so that is all that counts!



No comments:

Post a Comment