Wednesday 7 August 2013

Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio Tour & Pinspiration


I was lucky enough to attend the Stampin' Up! MDS tour when it was in Melbourne last weekend.  I have had very little to do with MDS so I was really looking forward to learning the basics.  Is it just me or do new things scare you too?  I am ashamed to say I was a little scared of MDS.  It looked so complicated & so technical!  To my absolute surprise it was a lot easier than I thought.  I just needed to take some baby steps with my learning.  The Stampin' Up! MDS tour is designed to do exactly that.  I learnt how to do basic digital scrapbooking but also how to make some great digital & hybrid cards, home decor & family heirlooms too.

Here is one of the pages I created at the tour.  You do get to make quite a few pages so if you go along prepare a folder of photos specifically for a photo book.


 There are lots of great ideas, tips & tricks to learn. If you get a chance to attend one I suggest you jump at it as it is well worth the $30 fee.  Here are the links for more info on the MDS tour  & the  My Digital Studio software & downloads.  If you cant attend there are lots of great Online Video Tutorials to get you started.   

I am a bit of a home decor magazine junkie.  All those lush homes styled to the nines, love it!  Having just built a brand new home, I needed to do a bit of styling of my own.  So, today I opened my MDS program & designed a nice little picture to put in a frame in my laundry.  I had seen a few laundry printables on pinterest and thought - hey with these new MDS skills I can do that!

Here it is!



It is a very simple project but will look great hanging on my wall in my laundry along with a few others I am working on.  How great is that?  Even if you prefer to create your cards & pages the traditional way, you can adapt MDS to make printable projects like this one.  If you are interested in giving it a try, the program is available to download as a free trial for 30 days.  Click here for your--->  MDS FREE TRIAL.  

Digital Laundry Page:

Digital DSP: Sweet Details 8
Font: Big Caslon
Embellishments: Paper Buttons

Thanks For Looking,

TRICIA  




No comments:

Post a Comment