Saturday 18 August 2012

Hello Brayer!

I have to admit I have not really had much to do with the brayer, until last week.  I have seen lots of people using it in many different ways but I just never found the time to pick my own one up and use it.

This week I have been going brayer crazy! I thought we would use it as a technique for stamp club so I dug it out and went in search of ways to use it.

Here are the two cards we made for stamp club:

Snowy Lovely As A Tree
To make this card I used Pool Party, Island Indigo then Not Quite Navy.  I masked off a moon using a 1 1/4" circle punch and also masked off the ground area so it appeared snowy.  I used glossy white card and stamped the trees in Stazon Black ink.  I used a white gel pen to create snow.  

Sunset Forever Young

For this card I stamped the tree in Stazon Black ink,then masked off the bottom and used Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze and Real Red.  Once this was done I masked the top and brayered Early Espresso a few times to the base of the card.  It turned out a Calypso Coral type colour so I stamped my sentiment onto Calypso Coral  We all agreed this would look nice using some palm trees or african style trees.  Some of the ladies put a sun in the background however I left mine plain.  

Paper:  Glossy White Cardstock, Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso.
Ink:  Black Stazon ink, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze, Real Red & Early Espresso,
Cool Tools: Brayer, Scallop Oval Punch, Oval Punch, White Gel Pen, 
Ribbon: Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon (turned over) & White Organza Ribbon.

Thanks For Looking,

TRICIA 




No comments:

Post a Comment