Sunday 12 August 2012

Elegant Bird Die Peace Banner

At the Stampin' Up! Convention in May this year I saw Beth Stewart demonstrating the elegant bird die.  Whilst I have an addiction to bird style paraphernalia, I was not overly impressed by this die when I saw it in the catalogue.  To my surprise, after seeing Beth demoing its many uses, it grew on me and I am somewhat addicted to using this die now!  I loved her Peace banner she made.  You can see Beth's version HERE.

I loved it so much I decided I would recreate it using what I had in the way of supplies - it is pretty close to the original though.   Here is my version - it is quite long so hard to photograph!  It used lots of supplies but was well worth it.

whole banner


Angel

"A" framelit with crochet flower

Bird die close up

Paper:  Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper, Brushed Gold A4 card stock, First Edition Specialty DSP. 
Ink: Peach Parfait & Early Espresso (to colour the glimmer paper for angel hair) and for cheeks, Basic Black Marker (eyes).
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Stripes Embossing Folder, Framelits Die - Labels Collection, Elegant Bird Bigz Die, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Sizzlit Die, Paper Snips, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Neutral Buttons, Paper Daisies, Fleurettes II, Rhinestones,  Silver Brads, Rhinestone Brads, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch,  Pearls, Dimensionals, 1 1/16" hole punch.
Ribbon: Whisper White Bakers Twine, Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Very Vanille Seam Binding Ribbon.

Thanks For Looking,

TRICIA 

No comments:

Post a Comment