Wednesday 11 July 2012

Red Nose Day Round Up

Welcome to the worlds longest post!   It has been a long while between posts as unfortunately (or luckily) I came down with the flu the day after the fundraiser.  While I am still sick and on lots of antibiotics and pills of all sorts I am soldiering on (woohoo I even got dressed today)!  I thought I had better at least make an effort here and show some of the photos from the day.

Most importantly we met our $1000 goal so well done to all involved and well done to everyone for either coming along and joining in the fun or helping out on the day.  Red Nose day has a special meaning for both myself and Robyn my downline.  We have both used the services of SIDS and Empty Arms by using the counselling they provide after we lost our precious little babies Scarlett & Mathew.  So this fundraiser was entirely dedicated to them and I hope that the money we raised goes towards helping others who have to face the loss of a child, get through that difficult time.

Here are the photos from the day.....
 Tables all set up with our projects for the day

 Hollie my little helper friend
 My door lady Leonie guarding our Big Raffle prize - the calm before the storm!
 The display & silent auctions
 The Red Nose Day Goodies plus things that were for sale
The Creative Crew - my WONDERFUL team of helpers!  From left back row - Konni, Hannah, Leanne & Robyn. From left (front row) Me pulling my stupid face, Karen & Bron.
 Busy stampers working on their projects
 New stampers mastering the big shot
Indiah manning the lucky straws & silent auctions

I also need to thank both my mum Lozza & my sister Vicki who worked hard in the kitchen pumping out the devonshire teas and refreshments and also Leonie for coming all the way from Berwick for the day (she is also the the reason I am addicted to Stampin' Up!) & Indiah & Hollie my little helpers.  
Special mention goes to Leslie for providing the comic relief on the day - ;0  and to Jessica for winning the Raffle!  Most of all thank you Stampin' Up! for your generous donation of a fundraising box of goodies, Lisa who donated the fishing charter prize, Leanne for the prizes she donated & to Leopold Scouts for donating the use of their cold but perfectly sized hall.   Now it is all over we look forward to an even bigger and better fundraiser next year! 

Thanks for looking,
Tricia



No comments:

Post a Comment